Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Someday I'll win!

So I picked a fight with this guy in my ward, and he won...







To be honest, he's my physical therapist and despite the ugly bruising he's inflicting, he's actually trying to rid my back and neck of some nasty fibrosis in the muscles that has been there for half of my life. If there's one thing to be learned from this, it's that injuries should be taken care of right away and actually HEALED, not just temporarily "fixed". These pictures are from the second session of ASTYM treatment. The first session was a lot worse than this, although I don't think the bruises on my back were as bad as they are this time. The main pain initially was in my neck. No wonder I've had chronic headaches for years! ;) I get to have this done 3 times a week now and hopefully it will only be a few more weeks before it's all over with. Then I think I'll get to do some strengthening exercises to help correct my crummy posture and hopefully with some perseverence and hard work I'll be able to have a strong back instead of one that is highly disfunctional. I'm really hoping that in the end, I will be the winner! :)

2 comments:

Carlynn said...

Holy CRAP! That looks worse than on Thanksgiving! I sure hope it really does help you out. You deserve to be the winner especially with the torture you are going through. Makes me want to beat the guy doing it to you.

LisAway said...

Man! I was thinking, "OH MY GOSH! HE WAS TRYING TO STRANGLE HER!!" and was so relieved when I read what it was really all about. You guys were fighting, but on the same side against health issues. I really hope it helps!